Summer is here and you can’t wait to strut around in that cute new dress you’ve been dying to wear or those short shorts that have been in your drawer for far too long. The only problem? No matter what you do, you can’t seem to get rid of those varicose veins on your legs, and it seems like they are getting worse and worse as time goes by. Well, they actually might be getting worse.
At times, varicose veins can be quite embarrassing, causing some individuals to cover them up under garments of clothing. There are a lot of different factors that come into play that can cause varicose veins to begin to form.
So, what are some of these factors and what can you do to help get rid of this annoying yet common condition? We’re glad you asked.
Causes of varicose veins include:
- Age: As you get older, the valves in your veins may begin to get weaker, causing the blood that should be moving forward to move backwards. Blood pools in your veins causing them to appear blue due to the deoxygenated blood.
- Pregnancy: Women are more likely to develop varicose veins during pregnancy because it increases the blood in your body and decreases the blood flow from the legs to the pelvis. The lack of blood flow can cause your veins to become enlarged and varicose.
- Gender: Females are more likely than males to develop varicose veins due to the hormonal changes they undergo during pregnancy, pre menstruation and menopause. These hormonal changes often relax the vein walls, causing varicose veins to develop.
- Biological Genes: Research suggests that you have an increased chance of developing varicose veins if a close family members has them, which means they are partly caused by genetics.
- Weight Gain: When you’re overweight or obese, extra pressure is being put on your veins which makes it more difficult to pump blood throughout your body. This extra pressure makes them more susceptible to leak or develop varicose veins.
- Standing Up: It’s found that standing up for long periods of time can increase your chances of developing varicose veins because this makes it harder for the blood to flow throughout the body.
We Can Help
Don’t let the embarrassment of varicose veins keep you from your full potential. Here at Siti Med Spa in San Diego, we offer the latest and most advanced laser technology in vein removal.
The Cutera CoolGlide laser can treat both minor superficial face veins as well as the deeper blue leg veins that affect many men and women. For more information about how we can help, contact us today.